This beautiful 3 cabin Catalina has sailed primarily on the lower Chesapeake Bay but has done the Southern New England to the Key West route so she is capable to make this a true live aboard. She is priced based on condition and equipment and will not be sold until the right offer comes in. If you are looking for a boat impeccably equipped and maintained, and see the value in spending slightly more than average for an above average boat. This is the yacht for you!
The Catalina 42 Three Cabin model offers two staterooms aft and the traditional placement of the owners stateroom and spacious head forward, with a large stall shower.
The Catalina 42 has earned an International reputation as the leader in her class. Design, cruising performance, and comfort, all make the Catalina 42 the first choice of sailors worldwide. The hull of the 42 is high volume, and easily driven, with a fine entry, firm midship section, and smooth run aft terminating in a modified reverse transom with an uncommonly spacious and functional boarding platform. Excellent light and ventilation, this yacht allows you to relax while underway, on the hook or at the dock.
LocationGloucester, VA, US
Vessel NameDans le Vent
Boat TypeRacer and Cruiser
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length42 ft - 12.8 meter
LOA:42 ft - 12.8 meter
Beam:13 ft 10 in - 4.22 meter
Draft - max:4 ft 6 in - 1.37 meter
Bridge Clearance:58 ft 7 in - 17.86 meter
Dry Weight:18000 lbs
Cruise Speed:5 MPH
Horsepower:44 (Individual), 44 (combined)
Max Speed:7 MPH
Fuel Tank:28 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:120 gallons - 4 tank(s)
Holding Tank:50 gallons - 2 tank(s)
Total Power: 44
Fresh Water: 127
On entry to this vessel one is struck by the spaciousness of the interior, with its high cabin top (6'7" headroom) and full beam. Wooden bulkheads and lockers give way to a white finish around the portlights and the headliner adding to the sense of space. The galley runs down the starboard side of the salon area, with refrigerator, stove and oven, double sinks with pressurized hot and cold water. The white counter tops reflect the light and there is plentiful storage.
The dinette is to port and has a large table, with a bench seat situated centrally and an L-shaped settee, which doubles as the chart table seat at the aft end. The table can be removed to make for an open and relaxing area. The well-equipped nav station with upgraded swing out nav seat is directly to port as you come down the companionway, with the aft head opposite it to starboard. The two aft cabins are spacious, well ventilated, have ample storage and each has a door which can be closed for privacy. Forward of the salon is the main cabin with a Pullman berth. There are bookshelves along the hull, and two storage drawers below. To starboard are hanging lockers and storage with counter space above. The forward head is in the bow of the boat and has a separate shower stall.
- Stove w/oven
- Adler/Barbour refrigerator/freezer
- Microwave oven
- Stainless BBQ Grill propane for outdoor cooking '07
Electrical & Electronics:
- 130 Genoa with Harken Rolling Furling System
- Anchor Windlass up-graded 2006
- 50ft. 3/8 chain and 200 feet of rode with 45 lb CQR anchor, additional 35 lb CQR in locker
- Auto Helm 7000
- Auto Prop (3 blade folding prop) vessel capable of over 8 knots under power (installed '06)
- Radar (2 stations, large monitors)
- Raymarine gauges at the helm
- Split screen or overlay with GPS chart plotter
- Jensen AM/FM CD radio with speakers throughout
- Built in VHF and portable handy talkie VHF
- Two Unit heat and air conditioning system- reverse cycle (use at pier or on the hook)
- Four cylinders Yan Mar Diesel - excellent condition
- Three cylinders Northern Lights Diesel Generator
- 2 each D cell batteries for house power
- 2 each heavy duty 12 volt batteries for generator and main engine
- Upgraded battery charging system 06
- 15-inch flat screen TV with built in CD player 08
- All Coast Guard Equipment with extra flare kit and PFD's
- Cockpit cushions and fold down table
- High capacity manual and automatic bilge pumps with high water alarms
- Walkout stern with hot/cold shower
- Upgrade swing-out seat at the chart table
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
.The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.