"Neverland" is a true classic. This 1981 Gulfstar Sailmaster is a gorgeous example of what is possible when a distinguished design is meticulously maintained and invested in.
The most noticeable feature of the Gulfstar 39 Sailmaster's distinguished profile is its raised saloon. The boat's bow is sharp, the transom almost plumb, and its sheer very flat. Overall, the lines are clean and sleek. The interior is sometimes referred to as a single-stateroom design or a galley-forward design. Both descriptions are accurate and somewhat unusual for a beamy 39-footer.
Construction of the Gulfstar 39 Sailmaster is strong and of high quality. The deck and hull are fiberglass and polyester laminates. The deck and topsides are cored with end-grain balsa, adding stiffness while reducing weight. Below the waterline, the hull is solid fiberglass. On deck, the non-skid is molded-in, and all exterior wood--including eyebrows, handrails, toerails, companionway doors, and cockpit coaming tops--are solid teak.
The interior features ornate and detailed woodwork. Gulfstar enjoyed several patented woodworking processes, which allowed for a cost effective and beautiful method of joinery which rivaled the most expensive yachts of her day.
"Neverland" has been lovingly cared for and invested in. Some recent improvements include:
- Brand new full bottom job, stripped off old paint and barrier coat and repainted.
- Brand new standing rigging in 2016
- New lazy jack system
- New electrical charging system
- Added two e120 Raymarine monitors with a sea talk to communicate between the radar and GPS.
- Radar and GPS installed
- Resealed and refurbished all windows and hatches
- Reupholstered interior cushions
- Repainted deck in 2020
- New water pumps
- New Engine Starter
- New Engine Raycor fuel filter system
- Sails restitched 2018
LocationGalesville, MD, US
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length39 ft - 11.89 meter
LOA:39 ft 7 in - 12.06 meter
Beam:12 ft 1 in - 3.68 meter
Draft - max:4 ft 9 in - 1.45 meter
Horsepower:51 (Individual), 51 (combined)
- Ballast: 8200
- Displacement: 19000
- LOA 39'7"
- Beam 12'1"
- Draft 4'9"
Electronics and Navigation:
- Raymarine ST60 Wind and Close Hauled Wind instruments
- Polaris Marine Radio with Digital Selective Calling
- Raymarine ST60 Speed Instrument
- Xantrex Freedom HF Inverter and Charger
- Two E120 Raymarine Displays
- Raymarine E Series Network and Seatalk
- Micro Air Corporation FX-1 Horizontal and Vertical Digital Comfort Control
- Pioneer DEH-P2600 Sounds speakers with CD player and Radio
- Raymarine RS130 GPS
- Raymarine Digital Radome Scanner Radar
- Autohelm ST4000 Wheel Drive autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 Depth Finder
Accommodation and Galley:
- -Gulper 320 high capacity shower/gally build pump for shower
- -Raritan Electric Water Heater
- -Raritan marine toilet with bypass value
- -Isotherm Compact Classic freezer
- -Cruisair Direct Expansion system A/C system
.The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.